You can probably guess where we got the idea for this one... We wanted to recreate one of our fave candy recipes, but felt peanut butter was a little overdone. Enter hemp and pistachio butter! In the filling we've use coconut, pistachios and of course hemp seeds to create this delicious green centre, covered in dark chocolate for the ultimate treat that is both vegan and keto-friendly!
Recipe by Liv Kaplan.
3 cups desiccated coconut
2 cups pistachios
2 cups hemp seeds
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
15 drops liquid stevia
1 vanilla bean, seeds scrapes
100g dark chocolate (70% or greater)
- First make the filling by combining the coconut, pistachio, hemp seeds and coconut oil in a high powered blender or food processor. Note, this recipe makes extra filling so store in a clean jar in the fridge for later use!
- Take 1 cup of this butter and stir in the vanilla bean seeds and stevia to taste.
- Melt chocolate by placing it in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Using 2/3 of the chocolate, fill a lined mini muffin tray with the chocolate to make the first layer. Place in the freezer until set (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from the freezer and spoon in the prepared filling to make the middle layer, place back into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Finish them off by adding an extra layer of chocolate, and set in the fridge or freezer. Sprinkle with extra hemp seeds to serve!