Your next dessert has arrived! A creamy and delicious naturally fruity, moorish dessert accompanied by your needed Hemple fix! Utilising the wholesome sweetness of pear combined with the textures of the Cacao Almond Crumble this dessert isn’t only good for you, but is aesthetically pleasing. Try it out, your taste buds will thank you!
Recipe by Samantha Flook @samanthaflook
Makes: 4 cups
Time: 30 minutes
2 cups soaked cashews (minimum 6 hours)
2 large avocados
3 medium pears, skin removed and diced
2 cups coconut milk or nut milk of choice
1 tsp coconut oil
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamon
1/2 tsp dried ginger
1 cup of Hemple Vanilla Maca Hemp Protein
1 cup of almonds
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2-3 softened dates
1/2 tbsp cacao pinch of salt
1. In a large saucepan heat 1 tsp coconut oil over a medium flame
2. Add in diced pear with the cinnamon, cardamon and ginger stir to coat completely
3. Add in your coconut milk and 1 tsp of maple, leaving to simmer over a low heat for around 20 minutes, allowing all of the flavours to absorb together.
4. While this is cooking away, make the crumble!
5. Combine Hemple Protein, almonds, coconut, cacao and dates, pulse on high in a blender or food processor until you have a crumble like consistency!
6. Once your pears are completely softened and the milk has absorbed all of the flavours, remove from the heat, drain the pears allowing them to completely cool before blending, keeping the milk separately in a clean jar or bottle.
7. In a blender or food processor combine soaked cashews, cooled poached pears, avocado and about 1/2 a cup of your poaching milk!
8. Blend on high until silky and smooth, taste and sweeten to your liking!
9. In a clean jar or glass assemble your Dessert! Layering crumble with poached pear mixture,topping your jar with some crunchy nuts, seeds, raw chocolate and some dried fruit for aesthetic appeal!
10. Keep remaining poaching milk to add to smoothies or to cook your porridge in.. it’s delicious!
11. Place jars in the fridge to set for around 30 minutes! Will last for up to 5 days fresh!